Lake Village   
On the Banks of Lake Chicot, the Nation's Largest Natural Oxbow Lake   
    City History
    Lake History
    Elected Officials
    City Parks
    Police Dept
    Fire Dept
    Local Utilities
    Area Churches
    Useful Phone #'s
    Local Links
Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I register to vote?
Residents can register at the Chicot County Courthouse located at 108 Main Street from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For further information contact the County Clerk's office at 870-265-8000.

Where is the City Hall and what are the office hours?
The Lake Village City Hall is located on the corner of Jackson & Chicot Streets. The physical address is 114 N. Chicot Street. The mailing address is P.O. Box 725, Lake Village, AR 71653. City Hall is open from 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.

Who do I contact to find out about garbage pick-up?
Garbage services are arranged at the time your water service is requested. Your garbage service is billed monthly on your water bill. Residential garbage fees are $12.00 per month. Questions should be directed to Get Rid of It at 800-996-0012.

The Lake Village Street Department collects refuse such as limbs, leaves, small household items weekly. For Monday or Friday pick-ups of such items, call City Hall at 870-265-2228.

Who do I contact about obtaining a building permit?
All questions concerning building permits should be directed to the Lake Village Zoning Administrator, Clinton Tipps at 870-265-2228.

Where do I pay a speeding ticket?
Speeding tickets issued by City officers may be paid at the Lake Village District Court office located at 7 N. Court Street, Lake Village. The phone number is 870-265-3283.

If I am planning on opening a business, what must I do?
For new business owners wanting to locate within the City limits, you must follow the outlined process:

1. Contact the Zoning Administrator  Clinton Tipps at 870-265-2228 to ensure proper zoning compliance.

2. Apply for and obtain an Occupational License from the Lake Village City Clerk's office located at 114 N. Chicot Street, or call 870-265-2228. License rates vary according to business types.

Where do I obtain a marriage license?
Individuals wishing to obtain a marriage license must go to the Chicot County Clerk's office located in the Courthouse at 108 Main Street, Lake Village. Call 870-265-8000.  Persons under 21 years of age must have a copy of their birth certificate, a driver's license and/or social security card. There is no waiting period or blood test required. The cost of a marriage license is $58.00.